Aurender N150 vs N200

Wondering which one I should do as my first streamer. I.e. how much better is the N200? I was thinking N200 at first, to just do this once, but now thinking (more responsibly), N150 would be good enough for my first.

The rest of the system:

• DAC -- Denafrips Pontus II
  • Pre -- ARC Ref 5se
  • Amp -- Art Audio Px-25
  • Speakers -- Blumenhofer Genuin FS2
saulh

Showing 8 responses by lalitk

“the Aurender is not a Roon core”
@blisshifi

That, right there is a deal breaker! I won’t bother with off the shelf PC or laptop to run Roon core with Aurender. That kinda defeats the purpose and goes against the very principles Aurender built upon, i.e. to keep the noise floor as low as possible.

@blisshifi

The AP20 is a great alternative for anyone considering a one box digital front end that does everything exceptionally well. If I ever downsize from my current 5 box digital front end monstrosity or build a 2nd system; the AP20 + MC10 would be my first and last choice.

I have tested quite a few ROON options and came away disappointed. It is my belief, unless you step up to Taiko/Pink Faun level, ROON sound quality remained a step or two behind the Conductor App.

“I’ll be evaluating the Voodoo directly against the Aurender N30SA and will be honest about my findings.”
@blisshifi

Looking forward to your review! Just read this off SR website 🤣

“For the highest possible digital audio quality, use one Voodoo unit as the core and another as the bridge, allowing each unit to focus on their respective functions separately. This setup enhances the overall performance by dedicating each server to a specific task within the digital audio playback process.”

“Aurender units can act as a Roon endpoint”

@blisshifi

Happy New Year! Does this mean you need another ‘box’ to run ROON Core?

I agree with @audphile1. If you get N200 now, you should look into upgrading your DAC down the road. If you get N150 now, it will likely commensurate well with your Pontus II. 

Is N150 good enough for your first streamer, the answer is YES! 

@jastralfu 

TMR sold one in black about 10 days ago. Setup an alert in HiFi Shark and grab the next one shows up in black.