Audio Kinesis Swarm Subwoofer Awarded 2019 Golden Ear Award by Robert E. Greene

Recognizing member and contributor @audiokinesis for this award!!!

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/2019-golden-ear-awards-robert-e-greene/
david_ten

Showing 4 responses by millercarbon

Honestly Hans the advantages of four are so great you can put them just about anywhere and still get great bass. I've moved mine around, played with phase and impedance (wiring for 4, 8 and 16 ohms) and a bunch of stuff and yes it does matter. But compared to how big a change you get moving one sub around the difference when moving one of four is small. It will help to keep this in ind because compared to the major errors just one sub always has when you go to four it puts you right from the beginning into fine-tuning. In other words prepare to be amazed and understand why those of us with four (or more) are such enthusiastic DBA proponents.
Well first it was special, now its unique. The award and thread is for recognizing a quality product. I'll post the excerpt since you seem not to have read it:
"redefines the boundaries of the possible in my experience in correct reproduction of bass in small rooms. With suitable recordings, the listening room’s acoustic signature is effectively erased and replaced by that of the recorded acoustics. There is solid theory behind this, but the listening results speak for themselves."

What exactly are you trying to figure out, really?
Right. Anyone willing to learn can do this with any sub woofers. Anyone willing to learn can also DIY their own, which is what I did. Which, as far as I can tell, almost no one does.

There seems to be hardly anyone who even acknowledges the superiority of the principles on which the Swarm, or distributed bass array, is based. So you take a lot for granted.

But to answer the question, what makes the Swarm so special is there's nothing else on the market quite like it. No other low bass solution comes anywhere close. In fact the only other system that is sold as a system turns out to also be designed by Duke! So yeah, pretty special.

"redefines the boundaries of the possible in my experience in correct reproduction of bass in small rooms. With suitable recordings, the listening room’s acoustic signature is effectively erased and replaced by that of the recorded acoustics. There is solid theory behind this, but the listening results speak for themselves."
Indeed. Well said, and well deserved.
Having done this myself, could hardly agree more.
Congrats, Duke!