Atma-Sphere Class D… Amazing

Today I picked up my Atma-Sphere Class D Amps. These aren’t broken in yet. And they are simply amazing. I’ve listen to a lot of High End Class D. Some that cost many times what Atma-Sphere Class D costs. I wasn’t a fan of any of them. But these amps are amazing. I really expected to hate them. So my expectations were low. The Details are of what I’ve never heard from any other amps. They are extremely neutral. To say the realism is is extremely good is a gross understatement. They are so transparent it’s scary. These amps just grab you and suck you into the music. After I live with them some and get them broken in. And do some comparisons to some other high end Amps Solid State, Tubes and Class D’s, also in other systems I’ll do a more comprehensive review. But for now, these are simply amazing amps.. Congrats to Ralph and his team. You guys nailed on these.

128x128pstores
Post removed 

@fsonicsmith

I...commented that the parts could not justify the price.

What exactly and specifically is the parts cost? Did the deleted post contain an exact and specific accounting of the parts cost? What date was that accounting performed? Is the poster familiar with parts cost inflation in the past year?

If the post lacks the # requested above, I submit to readers a potential the poster conveniently ignored for the deletion: there was no factual basis for the opinion expressed as a fact.

Even if the # was posted: what is the exact and specific threshold for ratio of parts cost to SRP beyond which a product is deemed "failure?" Readers need to know this ratio to confirm the poster is being consistent and not being derogatory for some hidden agenda.

Also, does every single audio item the poster own meet his own criteria?

The omission of all this data surely justifies the deletion, a personal attack on the product masquerading as an innocent opinion.

Lastly, to imply that any product’s SRP is justified solely by passing the value test described herein is simply wrong. To be polite I won’t say such test is naive, but I can imagine some thinking that.

@ johnh

Thank you for your fantastic post.  Surely this type of post with so much personal experience with a good number of the most relevant currently produced amps is literally the definition of advice that "money can't buy."  No pro review I've ever read (that I can think of) has so much valuable info for direct comparison.

Amir @ Audio Science Review has good test gear and has tested the Purifi.  Purifi tests at the very highest level as does an amp I referred to and owned.  Oh, if we could only read test results and make purchases based solely on these tests!  But we can't because I owned one of those amps and Ralph's class D is at least 1.5 to 2 clear steps up the food chain in audio performance.  (Maybe Ralph's class D would test similarly but I won't be surprised if it does not.)

I recently had here a superb $40k DAC and pair of class A $60k/pr mono blocks.  I know the designer, who told me personally that he could improve the DAC's static test specs but would not because it would degrade its audio and musical performance.  

Maybe we should ask @atmasphere ? And avoid descending into extension cords, which have nothing to do the power cords on these amps...

Power cords affect audio equipment due to voltage drops occurring at 60Hz but also at much higher frequencies.

The more feedback you have in an amplifier the greater its ability to reject anything that isn't the signal, such as noise,

As a result, the class D is relatively unaffected by power cords at low power levels. But as the power is increased the power cord would be more important. It will not affect the amp nearly so much as power cords affect our tube amps!