At what price is one considered an Audiophile.

Audiophilia, what is is it?

Is it the love of music or the equipment that presents the music.

Or is it both? 

What is the cost of admission?

How much does one have to spend on equipment to be considered an Audiophile, if it is truly the later than the music.

What has membership to this perceived exclusive club cost you?

jacobsdad2000

If you are interested in listening to and assembling the components of a personal audio system, you’re basically an audiophile, regardless of any dollar amount threshold. It’s about the interest and enjoyment of this subject as a hobby. As you are posting on this forum it seems you may be one yourself.

You might want to have a look at Stereophile's 2023 Recommended Components list. For loudspeakers, the ones rated "A (Restricted Extreme LF"  start at around $1600 per pair for the Genelec G Three or KEF LS50 Meta. For integrated amps, the ones rated "B" start at about $1500 for the Cambridge Audio CXA81.  Add a Bluesound Node streamer for $600, interconnects etc., and you're at about $4K. That's for all new components.

10K$ People are funny about money, I came pretty close for $7.5 on the cheap but it was more trouble than it was worth. I just don't understand your capitalist driven system.

+1, @edgyhassle - To put it another way: "I refuse to belong to any club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Cost is only relevant to those who want to discuss prices and costs, trying to impress others. Has nothing to do with being an audiophile. Nothing at all. Past a certain point it's not about music any more, it becomes a quest to impress others and most of us don't care.