Are you on or off? What say you?

The HiFi Merry-Go-Round!

Merry Go Round Wallpapers - Wallpaper Cave

128x128yogiboy

though I've been slowly upgrading for decades, I always was happy with what I had, so never felt the merry go round...currently at point where no major purchases lurking...

I’m neither on nor off the Merry-go-round.   I love my music and my systems that present it.   I’m also open to new ideas and equipment to improve the presentation.  Sometimes I shop and buy, sometimes I don’t.

What do you speak about?😊😉

I come for friends and discussion ... I am retired... I like jazz and other musical forms and spoke about them ...

I am fascinated by hearing and acoustics ...

I dont purchase tweaks ( i created mine ) i dont need upgrades for my low cost very surprizingly good system ...

Dont generalize... each person had his own motives to came here and it is not always the result of an obsession ... I am passionate not obsessed ...

But you spoke about yourself in reality , i understand, and not knowing how to really go in then you cannot go out ...

The solution is simple : read about acoustics concepts and experiment BEFORE upgrading ... Perhaps you will not even need to upgrade ...

Face it, if you’re still visiting this site you’re not really off.

Early 1980s gave up golf, wine collecting and audio tweaking for work, marriage and gardening. Forty years later returned to the first three with a mature garden to tend. Handicap will never reach single digits, audio system will never reach the aspirational heights, but I continue diddling with both because the journey outweighs the destination. Meanwhile there's a spectacular arboretum with a high deck for viewing and enough fine wine for several lifetimes. Have owned Maggies and heard MLs enough to both admire their virtues and learn that I can live without them.