Are You a Swifty?

I am. I think she's great.

And You?

128x128jjbeason14

I couldn't say as I have honestly never heard her sing. I stopped listening to radio in 2002 when Sirius XM debuted, and I don't watch talent reality shows. I never had any use for Madonna, J Lo, or Beyonce either, and Taylor looks to be a continuation of that ilk, so I never bothered to explore. I'm happy to acknowledge all the 'Swifties' out there because I would never begrudge a music lover their choice. Last I checked, this was still America and there are some pockets of resistance doggedly clinging to the freedom of choice.

Her music does nothing for me. Her writing/lyrics are great. I do not listen to her at all. However, the stink she created by dating Travis Kelce was incredible. The haters really came to play. I loved how it revealed the true side of a lot of people I know. I asked a few, how in the FACK can you hate someone you never met, has no impact on your life, and does so much good with her money? I never got a real response. I loved watching them squirm to answer the question. It was akin to someone hating Dolly Parton, someone I do listen to. She is a real national treasure.

More to discover