Are the B&W N800 that good?

Are the N800 that good to be double the price of the N802 and $5k more than the N801?
I am thinking in replacing my 801 Matrix S3. I like the sounf of the N802 but I will miss the bass of the my 801 and I am not sure about going to the N801 becuase of their size and also having a 15" woofer I am not sure how fast and contol thier bass could be.
The N800 have a dual 10" which I think should produce a good bass keeping the clarity and transparency of the Nautilius mid range and tweeter.

Any opinions?
musicman159
You may want to wait a few weeks. B&W coming out with a new line.

Best,

Paul :-)
Yes, I am a true believer that the 800s are 'that much better' than the 802/801s. Now, that being said, are they worth $5K more? That is completely subjective where much depends on the depth of one's pocketbook, not to mention amps, power coming from the wall, room, ears, and knowledge to hear the difference. I don't claim any of the above to be perfect at my house, but I feel they are worth the extra $5K!

Dan
Paul can you elaborate more of the new line. I have another thread if you don't mind to post overthere. thanks
why don't you further modify the matrix 801?
the crossover and the cabinet can be improved for
less money than the nautilus line. i like the nautilus
speakers-- more resolving, more accurate. but i am
very biased towards the m-801- a rigid stand, a properly
executed crossover, and you can pretty much forget about
what else is out there (unless you have $15-20k lying
around). ps-- anyone have a pair of m-802's in white and
black (mint) that they would like to tease me with?!