Apogee Acoustics repair

So I found out that there is a repair facility in Nevada for this brand. www.truesoundworksaudio.com looks like a rebuild is $1,500.00 .
gmosley

Bill Legal at Miller Sound in PA is the only person you should speak with.

My Divas were build by TrueSoundWorks. Absolute world class speakers.

My Wilson Maxx II have been sitting since the Divas showed up, Will sell my

Maxx's. Rich is a great person to deal with.

Of course... no surprise here. Cone speakers can no way compete with ribbons both in soundstage or transparency.

I agree with mijostn. If you’re a fan of the ribbon sound, the old Apogee speakers can be very hard to resist. However, it you want to go down that path, expect the worst, just because of they way they were built, their age, and the deterioration factor. With the old as well as refurbished Apogee speakers, there will always be a dark cloud looming over your head, as you wait for the inevitable buzzing and rattling start happening.  Yet, the wonderful sounding old Apogees are so compelling to so many, they may remain well worth all the fuss to them.  

@kennymacc If you like that kind of sound Sound Labs ESLs are the way to go. They are bulletproof. You can not blow them out and they do not wear out. They are even more reliable than a dynamic speaker, much more reliable. I use the best drivers in my subwoofers, but I lose one every 3-4 years. I keep two spares handy. My old Acoustat 2+2s that I got in the early 80s are still in use and look brand new. By 6 years of age I already had to replace all three ribbons in the Divas. When the company went under I sold them immediately. Ribbons are best used as tweeters. The Maggie ribbon tweeter is the best tweeter ever made, but they blow frequently enough that Magneplanar has a tweeter replacement program.