Anyone heard new Zu Union 6?

The new Zu union 6 has been out a month or so now. Anyone heard a pair yet?

128x128kray

Kray… so the Supreme is the top end model as I read it. Now that you have more burn in… what do you think… how is the low end… the stridency… the sound stage?

Hi @snapsc well they aren't technically full burned it yet. this is the craziest speaker so far... they keep changing, thankfully for the better. Made the mistake of changing several things in my system at same time as well, so I'm trying to let everything play in together for a good 100-200 hours before I make a final judgement. 

Zu states the U6S reacts to all component changes, more so than the lower line. so pairing up with what the Zu wants seems to be key. I've noticed this first hand. I've never had a speaker that sounds so different with different amps, etc. 

Compared to the Zu’s right now my omegas flow better and are smooth while Zu has a little more bite in the details (I still need to put 100+more hours on them to be fair). This might be explained as stridency... 
But at the same time I feel the Omegas have plenty of details and aren’t hiding lots of stuff. So it’s kinda perplexing. Being sensitive to equipment changes, any change shows thru. Which can be good or bad. While Omega seems to be good with almost whatever I connect to it. I guess you could say they are more forgiving which could be “bad”, compared to the Zu's really staying true to what's behind them. 

The sound stage is huge though. Very nice and big. Low end is there with the right amp. my 421a tube amp is great but I feel I need to connect my sub to get some of the lower end grunt. But with my solid state stuff, a Naim Atom, Valvet E2, I feel the low end is satisfying and don't feel I have to add a sub. But from my experience once you have a sub in your system, it's hard to unheard 

I think part of my issue too is I made so many changes. I was trying to simplify down to an all in one integrated from all separate devices. but I'm finding the DAC's in these all in ones very lacking. I much prefer NOS R2R/Multibit dac sound... so I will also be reverting back to a NOS/R2R dac soon. 

with that said once I get the new DAC I will give everything 2 weeks to play in fully, then do my final love it or leave test, take advantage of my 60-day return window. 

I'm very interested in what you'll have to say. I'm looking for new speakers in the high-efficiency range, and both Zu and Omega seem to be top notch. It seems Zu may do bass and the "party" side a bit better than Omega (in general), tho I could be misinterpreting.

Sounds like Zu is all about dynamics and tone, which are my priorities as well I'd say (not as picky about staging/imaging, detail retrieval, etc).

Looking forward to your thoughts.

I am also interested in your thoughts on these speakers. I tried Spatial Audio speakers and they were OK, but I did not like them as much as my EgglestonWorks Fontaines, so I sold them. The Spatials were the only high-eficiency speakers I have ever tried. Thank you for your time!

sorry it’s taking so long. I made the mistake of changing out too many components at once. New DAC, new streamer, new DDC, new power cords (Audio Art Statement with rhodium plugs). So even though I’ve got over 200 hours on the Zu’s now the other components have less than 40 hrs on them. 

at first I thought something didn’t sound right with the Zu’s so I swapped the omegas back in which I know intimately, but they sounded off too, so I know it wasn’t the Zu’s. 

@sp33ls so far just a quick generalization the Zu’s are definitely dynamic, toneful, and great detail retrieval. The omegas can seem softer or more forgiving, but just a beautiful sound. I wouldn’t party or rock out with the Omegas, but you probably could with the Zu’s since they are a bit more punchy. 

@moofoo I've never heard a pair of Spatials, but have wanted to. But I’d say the Zu and Omega are prob more efficient especially with flea watt tubes. 

give me another week or so to get everything gelled together. No more changes coming anytime soon. But I’ll follow up