Any other Pipe And Slippers Audiophiles out there?

www.middle-age-shred.com • View topic - Half pipe and slippers..........

128x128yogiboy

@yogiboy,

"Pipe and Slippers" in the English vernacular, as applied to listeners, is a sometimes pejorative term used to identify those who use rather old fashioned equipment and are happy with comfortable sound rather than chasing higher fidelity.

I'm comfortably listening to Mogwai on my Linn Kans powered by Quad II tube amps. Slippers in place.

Loafers --> fine

Cigars ---> rub it down with whisky ---> light it up on patio or deck outside (don't smoke up the listening room dude!)

I'm with fbgbill on the LLBean mocs.  I wear out a pair every 2-3 years because they are always on my feet (indoors).  And I do wear a bathrobe over my normal shirt and pants.  And my hand does usually have a glass of bourbon on the rocks.  So if you can picture an 84yo sitting in a chair wrapped in a navy Terry LL Bean robe and slippers, sipping a Makers Mark on the rocks, you've got an up-to-date picture to contemplate.  (And yes, I do often sit off to one side of the room.)

It's all legal in Illinois now. So yes, weed pipe and I just got a new pair of slippers.  But sweatshirt rather than smoking jacket.  I'd love a smoking jacket if it did anything special, like a built in stash-box pocket and maybe a lighter coming out of the end of the sleeve. And a pocket for the audio remote.  Add a grinder on the other sleeve and we have a winner. 

A pipe, smoking jacket and slippers...

I used to smoke a pipe. Gave it up when I was 7.

Never had the jacket but I do have slippers.

Used to drink Scotch but received a very "peaty" tasting bottle as a gift that put me off scotch permanently. Much prefer a good Bourbon.

Seems 70 is about average for practitioners of this hobby.

+1 on the Makers Mark!

Not sure if it's me or the Bourbon but does that guy in the picture have a 3rd leg?