Any Advice for those Listening to Youtube Reviewers?

I’d like to recognize that it takes a great set of self promotional skills to become successful in the Youtube world. That said most of the audio reviewers I’ve seen don’t have the experience to review, or the kind of space that would really allow gear to shine.

Most of them start of with K-Mart like gear, did their formula and got popular, and jumped far up the audio food chain. Of course everything they review is going to be great compared to the Service Merchandise system they sold last year.

Just throwing it out there that people should be careful listening to these guys that are mostly working for the views/money (not that some aren’t passionate).

Anyone else seeing this?

bjesien

I like Zero Fidelity, Steve Huff, and Andrew Robinson quite a bit.  Probably because of the entertainment/enjoyment factor of their reviews.  I will say that I have tried gear they have reviewed and their reviews match what I heard.  I'm not embarrassed to say, I bought my amp and speakers based off of Andrew Robinson reviews.  

Steve Huff seems down to earth for me... I will check Andrew Robinson then .. 😊

@lanx0003 nice list.  One reviewer and Jay I personally would include is Jay’s iyagi with 84.1k subscribers.  

Post removed 

Some reviewers are interesting personnalities...

But we cannot buy some component based on one or two reviewers...Even those we appreciated...

Myself i picked average users opinion in a statistical take and reading under the line...It is the reason why i bought vintage products... New hyped one had no long term many users reviews...

Not all people are able to listen to gear BEFORE buying...

mahgister

Their usefulness is delivering official specs, appearance and details about the products. Their opinion generally have no value.

I agree. Don’t listen to what reviewer’s opinion. Listen to the music/sound from audio system in videos and judge. Alex/Wavetouch