Amplifier recommendation

I have acquire a Acurus A150 amplifier a few month ago that powered a few speakers. They are my DIY Dayton speakers( was my first speakers for a while), Paradigm Mini Monitor v3 and now the new acquire Triangle BR03. The Triangle sound amazing with the A150 but I want to try another amp with similar specs. The two I was interested is the Bryston 3B SST or the Coda Model 11. The preamp is a Rotel RC995 which has balanced output to as well as RCA.

Ag insider logo xs@2xhighend64

@yyzsantabarbara I was not referring CODA silky midrange in particular. The Krell model is 5x the price of the CODA I mentioned.

Coda mudrange is crystal clear without grain and without glare. It’s also a fast and dynamic sounding amp. The warmth of Class A comes thru in the sweetness of the highs but without sacrificing the extension. Tonal accuracy is awesome with Coda. If you’re looking for artificial bloom you won’t find it here.

@highend64 

You might want to consider the Rotel RB-1590. I’ve been completely satisfied with mine for nearly four years. The Music Room has one listed for 2.2k. You might be able to find one closer to your budget.The Rotel RB-1582 would work well too.

Both would work well with the sound you’re looking for and the music you listen too. As I reply I’m listening to Rush and then I’ll listen to some Merle and maybe even Norah later. It will all sound fantastic through the Rotel. :-)

Good luck with your search.

Cheers,

Scott

@samac Thanks for the recommendation. The RB-1590 does look sleek but for my speakers might be too much. The RB-1582 might be more suited for my taste. What about the mkii model? Is there an improvement from the original?

Odyssey Audio - Sonic bargain (very few of those) great reviews.
Audio by Van Alstine - high value, also has used gear on their website.  
Orchard Starkrimson - another option, fair/good reviews 

+1 @ozzy62 - be aware that some used amps need the extra cost of recapping to fix worn out parts