Amp showing its age?

Before getting into details, just the bottom line: can an SS amp, well into its second decade, begin raising its output impedance and/or dropping its peak current capability? Because mine certainly seemed to be doing one or both, so I have just replaced it, and now the speakers are again obedient.

hickamore

@jimmyblues  Guess I simply took the amp for granted until after the warranty had expired. But can't complain after 11 trouble-free years. Recapping may give it a new lease on life -- in someone else's system. No point in my keeping it given my age plus a fresh ten-year warranty on a new amp that may well outlive me.

Swapping a parasound amp for a coda amp might have as much (or more) to do with the Coda just being a better designed and built amp than the Parasound.

my 20 year amp went out about a year ago.....sent it back to Ayre for a look-see with request to make it as perfect as you can.   They replaced a fuse and sent it back.  

@ozzy62  Appreciate the reassurance on Coda. Though the Parasound really was losing its grip. I never upgrade without provocation. Too many other costly priorities in life.

@stringreen  LOL. Maybe I should have bought Ayre way back when.