Amp Search and Upgrade

So currently I have a Parasound Integrated, the Hint 6, that are driving my Dali Opticon 8. They are rated as a 4 ohm speaker with an 88 db sensitivity. I am looking to upgrade one item this year so I want to make it count. The integrated has pre-outs so I can adda 2 channel amp or a pair of mono blocks.

At this point would I be better off getting just an amp and using the Hint 6 as pre temporarily until I can afford a better pre amp or should I get both pre and amp at once? I'm thinking something used {hopefully) in the $4k range.

I only stream using a Bluesound Node 2i feeding a very nice DAC, an Aqua LaVoce S2, I also have a pair of REL T/7i subs.

Recommendations on what would pair with the Dali's and whether I should stick with the Parasound as pre please!

dadork

Showing 2 responses by drewdawg999

Been checking out Peachtree Audio and it looks pretty good.  The GaN400 and preDAC package is $4500, not too bad, saving a lot if you buy power amp and pre together.  The GaN400 is Class D though, but it's brand spanking new technology and puts out 400 watts per channel.  Getting rave reviews from what I've seen.

@dadork Cool, that's doable, totally worth the trip for this size investment. My local hifi dealer is 20 minutes away, in Pasadena, and they have it. Wish I were in the market at that price point, save a grand if you go for the package deal. I have a Hypex amp and it is truly outstanding, so if this Peachtree is a technological upgrade, then that should be incredible. Best of luck on the upgrade!