Amp — Leave on or turn off

I always turned my Benchmark AHB2 amp off after use every night. After all, why is there an on off switch on the front panel if not to do that? Last night I accidentally left it on. This morning, when I played my first record, I couldn’t believe my ears. The same record I played last night sounded infinitely better. I tried a second record and that, too, was much better.
I know there’s a debate on the question of leaving an amp on all the time.
I now know where I stand!

128x128rvpiano

@bigtwin -- Amen.

Other members that have chimed in know a lot more than I do, but the only thing I would add is this...If you do plan on leaving your electrical components on 24/7, make sure your Homeowners Insurance Policy is paid each month and hope that a Fire Department station is near your house.  As some of us unfortunatley know, sh*t happens.

I used to have an Adcom GFA-555 that I left on all the time.

When I got back into audio gear during COVID and purchased some Aragon gear, it very clearly stated in the owners manual to turn the amps off when not in use.

After being between those two extremes, I'd probably think letting the equipment warm up a bit isn't bad, but I see no need to leave SS equipment on all the time nowadays.

To each their own.

It is, as many stated, amp specific. I will add that it is also user specific. In my case the weekends are my music time, so my system is off all week. When I get home Friday night, I turn everything on and leave it until my weekend is over. My Macintosh gear always sounds better by Sunday. Could be the bourbon helps some. I am going to do more studies. Wish me luck.

Much has todo is how much power it sucks up ,A pure class A amp runs full bore so no to Thst one ,a class D amp if you wanted why not  a amp takes about 30 minutes to get to temp  and if newer the capacitors and transformers could take 

months to fully settle in. Depending how much you play it.