Am I defective?

I took organ lessons in the late 50s on my Dad’s Hammond C3 with Leslie. Got as far as a rudimentary version of William Tell Overture.

I have been watching music reviews on YouTube. Doing the reviews are regular folks, vocal coaches, musicians, professionals, etc.

Artists reviewed are Phil Collins, Disturbed, Zep, many drummers and guitar players, etc.

Many of the reviewers are moved to tears. I swear at least one female reviewer is close to orgasm.

While I appreciate the music it does not affect me any way near to how the reviewers are affected.

Is it me?

128x128ibmjunkman

Is it a blessing or a curse to be moved to great lengths by a piece of art, music or any other purely creative endeavor?

I think it is a blessing. To be "moved to great lengths" (tears, joy, sadness, bliss) IMO makes us more engaged humans.  

If you keep an open mind, these things will find you. Don't go looking for them. 

@edcyn 

Is it a blessing or a curse to be moved to great lengths by a piece of art, music or any other purely creative endeavor? Are purely creative works wastes of time or truly key to the survival of the species?

As for the survival of the species, it seems to me our stunning lack of capacity for learning from past mistakes poses the greatest threat. . . and I'm not optimistic that art can save us from ourselves.   

Still, if you ask me whether life would be worth living without the arts, that's an easy "no" for me. 

i could not act to save my life. my stendahl's though saves me from having to act. 

...what bemuses me....is reading that some fans, upon shortly after attending the latest T. Swift extravaganza.....

...don't seem to remember a damn thing...other than having 'been there'...barely.

?!?  

You paid big $s' to go....and don't remember it?

(...now, I've been to shows where I suspect, at about 3/4s' into the gig, where the group is deep into riffs 'n raffing that the techs 'kick in' an Aphex Aural Exciter or a similar 'stim' to 'buzz' the crowd....)....(...and NO, I wasn't that twisted nor dancing 10' from the line array...don't have to read lips or AMSLAN...yet... ;)....)

....maybe the fog machines are getting some sort of *ah*....'secret sauce' that Does Things...  😏

Mass Mind Melting....gotta love it....if you can remem...

What? *L* ;)

...who are you people, anyway?

A lot can depend upon your mood.  My mother died a few days ago, and apiece of music that I knew very well and enjoy but not particularly identify with suddenly sounded like a Requiem Mass.