Advice on Sterling LS3/6

I learned on a UK Spendor forum that Derek Hughes is retiring and closing down Sterling Broadcast.  They are clearing out inventory at excellent prices - mostly LS3/5a V2 and V3, but also a few other models.  I'm looking at the LS3/6. The regular price for the LS3/6 is $6000/pair  and the sale price is $3300 (plus $600 shipping to the US).

One pair of LS3/6 have been shipped to Jeff Stake, a dealer in Indiana.  I told Jeff I may be interested, but I've never heard them.  I could drive down to audition them (I live in Chicago) but I thought I'd check on Agon to see if others have experience with them.

I currently have Spendor SP3/5 R2 speakers in a small room.  The LS3/6 would go in a new listening room, 17x23 ft.  I will be using them with Bacch4Mac and a solid state amp (undecided, but probably Starcrimson monoblocks).  Qobuz is the source, over a Bluesound streamer with LPS and English 8 switch.  I'll use the Bacch's RME DAC.  I like vocals (Melody Gardot), Argentine Tango (Gotan Project), Van Morrison, Duke Ellington.  Seldom crank it up.

To my mind, the real alternative is a Harbeth 30.x or C7ES3.  At Axpona I heard a Spendor Classic series (not sure which) that I really liked but the cost is beyond my budget (over $10k).  Any comments would be welcome.

Latest review of the Stirling LS3/6 is from The Absolute Sound (where the retail price is listed as $9995):

Ag insider logo xs@2xtreepmeyer

Since you like that Peachtree with your Spendors you should stick with that amp for your new Stirlings. No reason to explore uncharted waters!

I'm a tube guy but I wouldn't be in a hurry to find a tube amp for those under $2000. ;-)  I used to own the Spendor LS3/5's and I found they mated well with a very well-restored vintage tube amp of around 30 wpc.  I've heard other Spendors with similar vintage tube amps and receivers, and they worked nicely.  You might keep your eyes open for a *professionally* restored Eico HF-87, or a Fisher or Scott receiver.  Some Fisher 100AZ's would be lovely, or a Marantz, but $$$!  And you need to know what you're buying.  But as I said, don't just buy any old budget tube amp.  Just my .02.

@yogiboy The reason for looking for a new power amp is that I've implemented the Bacch4Mac system.  Edgar recommended that I not use the Gan1 even though I upgraded the RME interface to enable a coax out.  Long story.  Suffice it to say, I need an amp that accepts analog input, preferably balanced.

@dogearedaudio I will keep an eye out for a used Eico.  However, I am very intrigued about perhaps using a restored Fisher or Scott receiver.  I'm in Chicago and have an excellent guy who specializes in restoring vintage audio equipment.  Thanks for the suggestions.

You're welcome.  A well-restored Fisher 500c is, IMO, a musical instrument in its own right, with a midrange of exceptional beauty.  The 400 is nice too, though not as refined (IMO).  The Scotts are a bit on the "sweeter" side, if that's what you like--smooth and liquid.  The Eico HF-87 is, how to put it?  Just a dandy amplifier.  They used to be sleepers--I bought mine 25 years ago for $200, though I stupidly traded it away a long time ago.  Now they go for much more than that, but usually less than $2K.  Anyway, nice speaker purchase, I'm jealous!  My old ProAcs are getting a bit crusty but I keep them going. ;-)

BTW, how do you like the Bacch system?  I demoed it, and Edgar couldn't have been nicer or more helpful, but apparently balanced ears are a requirement and I have significant high-frequency loss in my left ear, a congenital thing.  Because of this I could not hear the effect--at all!