Advice on Sterling LS3/6

I learned on a UK Spendor forum that Derek Hughes is retiring and closing down Sterling Broadcast.  They are clearing out inventory at excellent prices - mostly LS3/5a V2 and V3, but also a few other models.  I'm looking at the LS3/6. The regular price for the LS3/6 is $6000/pair  and the sale price is $3300 (plus $600 shipping to the US).

One pair of LS3/6 have been shipped to Jeff Stake, a dealer in Indiana.  I told Jeff I may be interested, but I've never heard them.  I could drive down to audition them (I live in Chicago) but I thought I'd check on Agon to see if others have experience with them.

I currently have Spendor SP3/5 R2 speakers in a small room.  The LS3/6 would go in a new listening room, 17x23 ft.  I will be using them with Bacch4Mac and a solid state amp (undecided, but probably Starcrimson monoblocks).  Qobuz is the source, over a Bluesound streamer with LPS and English 8 switch.  I'll use the Bacch's RME DAC.  I like vocals (Melody Gardot), Argentine Tango (Gotan Project), Van Morrison, Duke Ellington.  Seldom crank it up.

To my mind, the real alternative is a Harbeth 30.x or C7ES3.  At Axpona I heard a Spendor Classic series (not sure which) that I really liked but the cost is beyond my budget (over $10k).  Any comments would be welcome.

Latest review of the Stirling LS3/6 is from The Absolute Sound (where the retail price is listed as $9995):

Ag insider logo xs@2xtreepmeyer

I have not listened to the LS 3/6. But if you want to compare speakers it would be the Harbeth 3 way Super HL5 plus ( I own). I have also owned that Spendor and many other BBC type speaker . At that price of those Stirlings I would grab them. I don’t see you going wrong with them. Just remember to get nice stands with them!

I haven't heard the Sterlings but did buy a pair of Spendors from Jeff Stake about 15 years ago.  He was very accommodating for both the listening session and the subsequent purchase.  (Looks like he don't carry Spendor anymore.)

My advice - at that price, buy them!  I owned a pair and also a pair of Harbeth Super HL5 Plus 40th anniversary edition at the same time.  As mentioned, the Super HL5 Plus is the correct speaker in the Harbeth lineup to compare the LS3/6 to.

If you like vocals and listen at reasonable levels as you indicated, and like neutrality as well as great imaging and soundstage, then that's what the LS 3/6 excel at.  

The LS3/6 and Super HL5 Plus are more alike than different.  The Super HL5 had just a _little_ more detail, but that detail could also come across as being more "bright" than the LS 3/6. 

The LS 3/6 do not lack in detail in any way, but listening to them both, you'll notice just a little more with Harbeths.  If I were to make a percentage comparison, I'd say you get >95% of the Super HL5 sound with the Stirlings.  They're also very nice looking and don't have the fussy grills that the Harbeths do.  If you're sensitive to "bright" speakers or prefer a neutral to warm presentation, you'd probably prefer the Stirlings over the Harbeths. 

They really appear ideal for me.  I told Jeff I'll take them.  Many thanks for the comments.