Advice for integrated for Kef 105/3 reference speakers my friend inherited

Hi, a friend of mine has scored some Kef 105/3 reference speakers. They are 4 ohm, they say type sp3111 and up to 300W amp. 

He needs an integrated unit, this guy is not some millionaire audiophile, but wants a quality 2 channel integrated. Something used around 1k, no more than 1500 (USD) is probably a good budget. Anybody have recommendations?

Tubes, and class A in general is probably not in the discussion. 
jmcdonagh
I had some similar kefs and what worked for me was a musical Fidelity a308. It’s vintage. At the time, it was their top-of-the-line. I’m guessing if you could find one it would be in the right price range.
There is a barely used Rogue Audio Sphinx listed here on Audiogon for $900. 100 wpc@8ohms and 200 wpc@4ohms integrated amp with a tube line stage plus a phono stage. Built in the USA!
I just did the same and couple of Hegel H90s are available $900-1K. Pretty nice sounding with lots of happy owners and good reviews if those give you any comfort. Cheers,
Spencer
Your friend has good British speakers and the Brits excel at integrated amps how about something like this Linn Majik? No relation to the seller just browsed through some used integrateds and it caught my eye.

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649736022-linn-majik-i-integrated-amplifier-excellent/