Adding a second MC275 VI, is it worth it?

Dear Audiogon,

I currently use a MC275 Vi, which I love (pushing Verity Parsifal Encores), but I would like more power. This is in part, because I have children, and I often have to listen to music at lower levels. In a perfect world, I would order MC2301, but those run approx. 20k, and that isn't happening any time soon. My question is, how much difference would a second 275 make? Also, I have been told that because the 275 is at its essence a stereo amp, they are not ideal candidates for mono blocks. Thank you all in advance for your comments.
elegal
More power does not equate to listening at lower sound pressure level. The correct alternatives would be a near field setup, highly directive speakers, or headphones.
I added a second MC275 IV 3 years ago and makes significant differences in performance with low or high level. MC2301 was also on my list and I end up with MC601 instead. My MC275s just sit there to collect dust.
With more power ALL music sound good without tweaks.
I was told by someone in the industry that more power allows the amps to "manhandle" the signal and deliver more resolution at lower levels more effortlessly. I hooked up 601's to my system once, and there was an improvement at lower levels ( but the warmth of the tubes was gone).
Hi Erick,
As mentioned I have 2 275's driving only my mid/twitters of my RS 1B's. Jumping from one MC 275 to two was a difference. It did provide a bit more power but I was surprised how powerful only one 275 was!!! Yes a difference but not a major one. However, I think you will see (hear) more because: as I said I only use the Mac's for mid/high sections AND I listen at a normal to low volume.
So...go for the two!!! :)

Rick (RWD)
I doubt that "someone in the industry" is correct. The extra reserves just don't come into play at low volume. In fact, the opposite is more likely true. A lower powered amp will be operating in its comfort zone, and many audiophiles believe that sounds better than using too big an amp that is loafing along.
On the other hand, a well set up dual-mono setup may have certain other advantages, and if you occasionally play loud music - symphonies more or less require it, or you can't hear the quiet passages - that's another matter.