AC Power - two circuits better than one?

Reorganizing my system starting from the wall receptacles (rewiring is not a possibility) but quickly ran into a conundrum. Is it better to source power for my audio system from several different circuits or one dedicated circuit?

More info: I have three possible options. Two 15 amp circuits (1 shared with a couple of lights the other with several wall receptacles including a pc) & one dedicated 20 amp circuit (but with only one single duplex outlet). I have mono blocks, power amp, preamps, digital & analog audio sources, & digital HT gear.

Should I distribute my system across these three circuits or try & source them all from the single dedicated 20 amp outlet? If distribute, what kind of break down makes sense?
salmonsc
Thanks again for your input folks! I will endeavor to load as much as I can onto the 20amp outlet & the remainder onto the 15amp outlet. The difficulty is just physical connection - too many things for too few outlets (in the wrong places!). At a certain point daisy-chaining power strips - & running long power cords - starts to get problematic. That's why I was considering connecting the TV & DVR into the out of phase 15amp outlet.

I was planning on connecting the audio gear via a Monster AV2000 SS & the HT gear via a Monster HD3650. I would prefer to connect the mono blocks & power amp directly to the 20amp circuit via PS Audio duets to avoid the power limitation problems of surge protection/conditioning...
Post removed 
Actually, I had an electrician in on Friday - but as I wrote in my original post, rewiring is not a possibility. It's a very old house & not mine.
You should use the 15 amp circuits for all your gear with no problem.The 20 amp cicuit was used for something that draws higher current most likely A/C,clothes dryer,etc.A 15 amp circuit is about 1700 watts,no way does your gear come close to that much.
Salmonsc: Thanks for this thread - I never realized this issue could arise. Without taking over your thread I would like to ask your respondents to comment on my situation - similar to yours.

I have 4 dedicated 20 amp circuits for the equipment including a pair of monos and an APC Power Conditioner for all the rest of the stuff. Circuits #1 and #3 are on one leg of the circuit breaker box and Circuits #2 and #4 are on the other leg of the circuit breaker box. The power conditioner is on Circuit #1 while the monos are on circuits #2 and #4 respectively. Have I created a potential problem for myself? Perhaps the monos should be both plugged into circuit #3?