A speaker stand with room for an amp?

I have rather large 2-way stand/bookshelf speakers and I'm thinking of going 100% active with them.  They have an external passive crossover already, so there's nothing to rewire internally.  What would be nice is if there were room for a small Class D stereo amplifier to be hidden in the stand.  Even better if it was adjustable for angle. 

erik_squires

Unfortunately (for some of the replies) this is not an experiment in amplifier matching. While horizontal bi-amping may be a fun thing to do, simplifying and minimizing cables, devices and speaker distances is high on the list.

In an ideal world I would find a single stereo amp with built in DSP crossover and EQ capabilities to drive each speaker.

I can find small enough stereo enclosures for the amp modules I already have but I can’t find them with a built in crossover. Hypex and miniDSP and Dayton offer plate amps with all these features and miniDSP’s just happens to fit the back panel.

The alternative, a single stereo amp under each speaker is still do-able but leaves me with an external crossover and 2 XLR cables going to each amplifier.

Hi everyone!

Do you think this request by erik_squires is relevant to many people? Is there a desire among audiophiles to shorten speaker cables? How often have you met such people?
I'm asking because I'm looking to produce a variety of stereo stands, so I might be able to include similar models in my lineup, but only if there's a demand for them. And the shelf for the amplifier can be made vibration-decoupled from the rack body.

I just finished building a couple of prototype speaker stands back in the middle of June, where the speakers sit on the top shelf and the amplifier on a lower shelf. The amps are not hidden (not a requirement for me) nor is the angle of the speaker shelf adjustable, but it wouldn’t be too difficult to incorporate either option into a stand.