A quick question on what streamers to consider.......

Hello fellow Audiogoners - a quick question as I have noted above on streamers. I am looking for a steamer only,  no DAC,  that would be easy to use. I don't want to worry about any updates and would prefer a US made product if at all possible. I have a WiFi service coming into my home so that would be how I would be getting my music. I would like it simple to use and without any hassles. I would be using it in the summer providing music to my back dec, or when cooking or entertaining inside. I would looking in the price range say of ; $2,000 to $5,000 used or new. Thank you in advance and look forward to suggestions on what to buy based on what I have outlined above. Thank you in advance and please stay safe and well.....        

garebear

Everybody keeps suggesting Aurender, I sold mine and bought a Lumin instead. I use Roon and although Aurender keeps talking about adding it they never seem to get there. Aurender interface is just too basic for my liking and the sound quality between Lumin and Aurender at the different price points is moot.

I’ve been wondering about adding a streamer also.  I have a Bluesound Vault 2i that allows streaming from another device, like my phone or tablet, but I wonder about the sound quality when the streaming comes from something like an iPhone.  Aurender seems to be the common choice — then to decide which model.  N100 is reputed to be significantly superior to the N200, but the 100 is closer to what I’d want to spend.  I noticed the N150, but not seen much comment on that as compared to the others.  Lumin is one I’ve heard of but not seen much commentary on.  Each device seems to feature some streaming services and not others.  Unfortunately, I don’t have a nearby audio store to visit and consider the models in question.  Audiophile-level purchasing for bang-for-buck can sure be complicated! 

Even with a budget of $2000, that is overkill, you can easily find what you need for much less.

…….hello audiogoners and thank you for all of your suggestions as they all are appreciated. The DAC is the Accuphase DP770 and that should work. I have a lot to look at but still looking to keep it simple . The sound is always important but not critical as that is why I have the rest of the system when I want to listen critically. The streamer is just to listen as I noted for music to enjoy while outdoors .I have been looking at other sites and or magazines etc to get an idea . Thank you again all…..

@bob540 

I am sure this was a typo, but the N200 sounds notably better than the N100 or N150. The N2x are the current versions of Aurrender streamers. If you can afford it, I would recommend the N200. You will get years of outstanding sound quality. 

The most important high quality streaming services are Qobuz and Tidal, Qobuz sounds the best by a small margin but offers 500,000 high resolution albums in addition to millions of redbook CD quality. Every streamer I have ever seen supports both of these services.