A CD/SACD player to beat Oppo 105D at similar price range?

My old CD player does not play SACD, so I am looking for an upgrade.
I don't intend to use DVD or Blue Ray.
I might be interested in a port for USB (to play ipod, ...).
Which player would be as good as oppo 105 or 105D in sound? The reason why I chose oppo for comparison is that I once had an Arcam FMJ CD23. I compared it to my friend's oppo 105, and oppo 105 did sound noticeably better to me.
Any suggestion?
thx

128x128ihcho
I have a Oppo 105D. It is a great universal player. I use it for movies, video concerts, as a connection to my cable box, Tidal, Pandora and to connect with my NAS. I find it does a good job with CDs and SACDs but not as good as a dedicated quality CD/SACD player at a higher price level. I prefer my Esoteric player for that duty.
Agreed-
the Oppo is a fine "catch all". It does not impress as a stand alone CD/SACD player.  Like mcgal suggests, I enjoy the Esoteric DV-50/60 for SACD playback only. I did not care for its rbcd playback.

The Arcam FMJ series are very good cd spinners. There are a plethora of sub-$1k cd players, especially, used/demo in the marketplace.
Watch Audiogon, Audio Asylum Trader and eBay to effect.
Keep me posted- ihcho
best advice- get out to your local dealer/retailer and listen, listen, listen.
I have the marantz 8005 SACD and Yamaha s1000 both good, you can't go wrong either one.
Any CD player without audio streaming capability and USB DAC is not worth to buy. An Oppo 105 (D) can do all sort of things in this regard.
"Any CD player without audio streaming capability and USB DAC is not worth to buy."

@junzhang10 ,

What does that statement mean?  Of course the Oppo 105 is a great "jack of all trades" piece but to to make such a bold statement about dedicated CD/SACD players is kind of odd, IMO.

Bill

It becomes more clear physical media will give up to Hidef audio streaming. And the Hidef music trend is going mobile and more affordable to general public. HiFi music will reside in the cloud server not just in a few of audiophiles listening room.
I would explore the new Sony Universal Player.  Retails for 1/3 the price of the Oppo, plays every format.