A 60 year old turntable design is still going strong!

Way before my time but an interesting take on a classic table!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOlhiZ902hY
128x128yogiboy
Love the design of the AR table.

So much can be done to bring it to another level of performance for vary little effort. Plus it looks great in its simplicity!

That TT, the AR-AU amp and AR-3 Speakers would be one very cool vintage set up!

https://www.stereophile.com/content/acoustic-research-integrated-amplifier

I have a Thorens TD-125 with Shure SME 3009 tonearm that I purchased on R&R in Hong Kong in 1969 for $250 U.S. and a Miracord 50H changer purchased in a Marine Corps exchange on Okinawa in that same year.
The Thorens/Shure has a Hana M MC cartridge while the Miracord has a Hana SL MC caretridge.  The Thorens system includes a Krell PAM-5 preamp (1980's) and Martin Logan ReQuest 'speakers.  The power amps are 100-watt pure class A monoblocks designed and constructed by me in 1989/90 and still in use in August 2021with no malfunctions to date (3-part Audio Magazine construction article published in 1995).  The sound of vinyl on that system is very good.
The ELAC (Miracord 50H) is in use with an ordinary integrated amp and inexpensive bookshelf 'speakers.  It sounds OK, which is OK because I use it to check on my new phono preamp designs before trying them in the main system.  That system includes a VPI TNT 3.5 turntable, JMW Memorial 10" tonearm with Hana M MC cartridge, my third generation phono preamp design, Anthem D2v preamp/processor, and B&W 802D 'speakers.
I purchased the TNT 3.5 in August 2001 and had to replace its motor several years ago.  That turntable/tonearm yield the best sound from vinyl I have heard, despite their age.  The Hana M cartridge and my phono preamp are largely credited with the improvement.
Norm Thagard
Vinyl Nirvana sells nicely modded AR TTs for ~$650. I bought one! Among the modifications the stock arm tube is replaced by a Technics with removable headshell and a wiring upgrade. The venerable AR is transformed into a competitor against today's four-figure TTs!