100% USA designed & made DAC

I am curious as to what besides Bricasti is a "good" designed and made in America DAC. I am aware of PS Audio as well. It seems like all the accolades are for either Eastern European of far Eastern pieces. Thanks, Allen

backwash

This thread is a good reminder that no matter how widely well-regarded a brand is there will always be those who have a dissenting opinion.

very true

an important part of surfing these discussion sites for useful info is knowing how to filter out the 'noise' from the 'signal'

@rsf507 Sorry have to disagree regarding Schitt, it is just ok but compared to many others it is very flat and 2 dimensional sounding IMO. 

@barts  My experience as well.  "very flat" it never caused me to become "part of the music" just my 2 cents, but that's it.

I have been thru several DAC brands and finally settle down with Schiit Modius as the DAC for my second system.  I do not experience "very flat" SS.  In fact, Modius preserves spatial information quite well when the recordings have it, as mentioned in several thrustworthy reviewers.  The SS may not be as wide way passing speakers but, within the SS, it pinpoints the instrument / vocal well and has a reasonable depth.  The BF2 is a step up model and it just does not make sense for its SS being "very flat".  I know it is kinda subjective but why don't you educate the Audiogoners here what "many others" DACs in similar price points out there are better choices?

I probably should have stated that I am currently using a Lumin T2 streaming DAC and am interested  in an obviously better sounding option. Not something I have to strain to decide if I like it better, thanks for all the comments, Allen. 

While I'm an MSB and dCS fan, what about those cool little USB thingys from Audioquest?  California. 

When in doubt go Benchmark and rest assured you have a product with a focus on transparent engineering quality valued by professionals at your service. No nonsense. 

Geshelli Labs. Outstanding regardless of price. For $300 , it's astronomically underpriced based on performance. If they ever decide to do tube and point to point wiring, there will be free who can compete. Plus, customer service is serving to none.

Not chiming in on the dac of choice but rather the Made in USA portion. Yeah I am with you on the Made in the good ol U.S.of A. But I saw that someone mentioned that made in the usa means little as the value of components that are officially from the USA is like 25%. That is false. It is actually very hard to say that it is made in the USA as the value of parts has to be like 98%. They govt even inquires to where the material is from so if the metal is from China that is a strike against it. Here's a video of Schiit Head saying as such- (jump to the 7 minute mark):