Zu audio

I am interested in these speakers but a little skeptical of their claims on website

eg
10 inch driver has 11 versions of nano...

"Nanotech...
Nano-engineered...
Nano materials...
Nanosphere...
Nano- sanctified..."

Who is buying this nanononsense?

recluse

Larryi,

Im curious

What are your speakers that you are referring to?

< mentioned before edit?>

I’ve heard Druid, Omen, and definition models most recently and many others whose names I can’t recall.  I very much like the vivid, exciting sound they deliver (something often missing in modern speakers), but the sound was too sibilant, lean, and edgy for my taste.  Others may like that sound, or accept a shortcoming because its strengths have high priority, but one must hear them to make the determination.  All speakers should be auditioned, but certain speakers are particularly polarizing because they sound quite different from the crowd; Zu’s are in this group.

I grew up with a McIntosh A/D/S combination in a large room. Since 1998 a few brands I've owned are Totem, B&W, Verity, Devore, Fyne, Zu, Klipsch. 

I thought the Zu Union was fast and fun. It didn't have the clarity I wanted but as it broke in it developed, as did the bass. In the end I found them bit lean.

To be fair I didn't use tubes with them, but class A Luxman. Perhaps this would have done it for me but the detail still wasn't there. They were full with "loudness" engaged, which I never used with most others. 

They were fast and found them very engaging (not bright) and fun to listen to. I wouldn't sell this speaker short, but as always- based on your budget and preferences.

@larryi You nailed it, that's exactly how I would describe the Zu Omens I auditioned. Loud and dynamic yes, but also a bit sibilant, thin and edgy.  I love loud music (peaks around 90db) but these were speakers I wanted to turn down and became fatiguing at higher levels.  A polarizing speaker for sure.  I found the Heresy IV much closer to my taste, and ultimately settled on the Forte.  Not really a fair comparison price wise, I probably should have compared at least the Union to the Heresy, but if you've heard some of their higher end models like the Druid and Definition and still feel that way, I doubt I would have liked the Union.