You're not a true audiophile unless...

I can't tell you the number of posts I've seen that start with something like this. Why are some people so anxious to qualify this like it's some sort of title? Being an "audiophile" isn't a concrete or objective thing like the citizenship of the country you were born in or being an MA. It's reflective of your hobby or taste, much like calling yourself a "foodie." Can anyone else chime in with some of the more ridiculous qualifications people have come up with for calling oneself an "audiophile?"

medium_grade

According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, an audiophile is a person who is enthusiastic about high-fidelity sound reproduction. That's a good baseline for me.

@emergingsoul ....Imho, you’re close....

What we call cavepeople were not much advanced from the critters about them.

Likely ’rhythms’ caught the ears first as being ’pleasant’ ...took a millennium for that to escalate into ’that which we do’ for whatever seemed apropos....

Sex, animal howls, beating sticks and rocks....hyping the gang into the hunt mode, be it for dinner or just the annoying neighbors....

Now? 3 piece suits, Beemers, and 100K$ audio collections...*nasty L*

I'm guessing a good definition might be :Audiophile- an old white couch potato with age related hearing loss spending a lot of money on overpriced highly resolving equipment ?

Have something custom made for your Hi-Fi rig and or music collection.

Secondly wonder why all the music you love isn't as popular as it should be.