Yamaha Amplifier Warranty Issues

My Yamaha A-S2100 integrated amplifier under warranty has been sent to an authorized Dealer for repairs, Yamaha says the parts are back ordered 10-12 weeks and some cannot be found yet. They refuse to replace with a new amp. What good is this warranty? Is'nt there anything I can do?

128x128oldieaudio

I don’t remember the last time I had something fixed under warranty, if ever. I have had infant mortality in a TV set, which I returned. Why do things fail so often for others?

But, given that they do, I prefer an amp I can repair myself. So I only buy point to point wired tube amps now.

I do remember while home from college I blew the amp in a console style stereo system (more furniture than stereo) playing Hot Rocks. I took it apart, found the overheated component and fortunately they had one at the local TV repair place. Had it back in service before my friend’s parents got home. that would have been around 1977.

Other components, like DACs, would be harder to repair myself. But they never seem to die. I have a W4S DAC so old that it won’t work with roon because it needs drivers installed on the streaming device--pre PnP.

Jerry

Yes Cleeds, I have had the same experience twice with TV's at big box stores, but when a small private high end store has to pay for inventory out of pocket, it's a different situation. You mention McIntosh. They are known to go the extra mile, and if they back up a dealer and supply a replacement at their cost, that too is a different situation.

How long have you had the amp thatis most important ,if only a few weeks 

than any good dealer would give you an exchange ,if not expose these guys who  will not work with you. Where is the repair facility ?  Thsts total BS if they make it 

the repair shop can either just replaces board or trouble shoot it and fix the bad part. I owned one ,it’s not that complicated by any average audio technician 

ifyou don’t have a backup system have it sent to another tech , expose this 

unprofessional behavior .