Wrapping Up 2016

All in fun, there is always a wrap up of the year’s highlights, this is what comes to mind, feel free to add to the list:

Within recent memory we have discussed, solid state A , AB, class D and OTL and other tube amps, preamps, phono amps, turntables, tone arms, cartridges, cd players of all types, DACs, music servers, speaker cables, interconnects, PCs, room treatments, reflections off walls, floors, windows, tables, racks, platforms, fuses, receptacles, power conditioners, stands and stand mount monitors, towers, cone and electrostatic speakers, subwoofers, beverages and drugs to accompany listening, listening chairs, graphene, magnets, lasers, markers for CDs, record cleaners, cleaning solutions, tubes, tube dampeners, fuses, whatever comes into Geoff’s mind, music software, all the SR other tweaks, modders, CES and other shows, capacitors, music, wire and fuse directionality, cryogenics, watches, automobiles, televisions, home theater systems, and …….

jetter

Showing 9 responses by bdp24

I had forgotten about Julie & Brian’s version Jetter. I really liked their albums together. Cross your fingers on the basement-stored LP’s---basement moisture may have taken it’s toll! If you don’t already have an LP cleaner such as the VPI HW-16, consider getting one to restore them.

Another great song that has had many cover versions is The Band’s "The Weight". None are as good as the original, but none as bad as the version of their seldom-covered "Chest Fever" by Three Dog Night. PU!

Yup Tostado, Terry's version is a good one. The guys on the first Super Session album (Stephen Stills, Mike Bloomfield, Al Kooper) did it too, but in an only okay version I thought.
Yeah Jetter, Donovan’s Sunshine Superman album is his classic. In 1967, every band in San Jose (including legendary Garage Band The Chocolate Watchband, seen in Roger Corman’s Riot On Sunset Strip movie) performed his "Season Of The Witch" from that album.

Donovan, under-appreciated imo. His early Fairytale album proved him to be a fully developed artist at a relatively young age. My favorite lines from a song of his:

"First there is a mountain

Then there is no mountain

Then there is"

It's about the circular nature of the increase in consciousness and gaining of wisdom.

Excessive weight is a HUGE problem in the USA, an epidemic even. I don't know about the rest of the world (except Asia, perhaps because of their leaner diet?), but it's even worse up here in the Northwest than it is in S. California, I have discovered since moving here. It causes lots of health issues, many of which both my obese sisters suffer from. They take pills for everything, I take none.
Oh, I’m fine jetter, one of the healthiest people I know. I take no credit for that, other than having observed the old expression about doing everything in moderation, nothing to excess. I owe my health to genetics, my Dad passing his healthy gene’s onto me. My sisters aren’t as fortunate, getting my Mom’s. I don’t have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or diabetes. I’m not an alcoholic or drug addict, and have never smoked. My hair is turning salt-and-pepper gray, but I still have it (and my teeth)! Other than needing to lose 15-20 pounds, I can’t complain.
Here's one that has more resonance with me as my end approaches: "If I'd known I was gonna live this long I would have taken better care of myself". I have friends already gone exactly because they didn't. Smoking, alcohol, even one from his bad diet (sugar junky).
I'll split the difference with you George, and say 15 years ;-). If I live that long, I'll be older than my Dad made it to, and he was of a much heartier generation, that of WWII.
For me, 2016 was a year of an alarming number of deaths. The boomer generation is coming into the last decade of it’s time on Earth.