Would you still pay $10k or more for a turntable not full analog front end these days ?

Or you would rather pay that for a streamer ?

inna

@tubes4good A lot more if I had an unlimited supply of FIM purchased in the last century. The cost of film has risen many times the cost of LP's.

My film freezer:

A day without exposing and developing a film is a day wasted.

@dogberry 

Wow! Consider me jealous! I did give up on 35mm many years ago. Today, when I shoot film, it's 4x5 . I'll shoot medium format Ilford because I have a fair amount in storage and I still love having my Mamiya C330f in my hands.

@testpilot Great point. Vinyl was affordable and economically accessible up until about 2010 or so, and since then things have gotten way out of hand. If I were new and getting into vinyl, especially as a young generation well aware of finances, college debt, and the cost of living, I couldn't see myself dropping $30 on new vinyl. And even used vinyl is now creeping up to unreasonable prices.  

There again, in the late 1980's when I was buying CDs they were $25CDN, which an inflation calculator tells me would be $56CDN today, so used vinyl seems a but more of a bargain!