Would you move to a bigger house if you could just to have a better listening room ?

Let's see how crazy we are.

inna

I do have a 13x24x8 foot space, unfortunately it’s the family room full of furniture so converting it would be bad for my health and wellbeing - self preservation is the higher priority 😉

Nope. Prior to retirement we sold our house and moved into a townhome. I now have way more free time to pursue my interests which includes fishing, hiking, travel and of course listening to music. Washington State has incredible outdoor recreation and I much rather spend my time salmon fishing instead of mowing the lawn.  I managed to adapt to a smaller listening space and now dedicate hours every evening for listening. Sure a dedicated listening room would be great, but it’s not worth the trade off in time and money IMO.

@inna If living in the mountains of MT, in the winter time, yes to the Jokla parka (sometimes -40F) and a reliable 4X4 truck and a good set of tire chains. Even though MT is getting ever more crowded, still is a beautiful state, summer and winter, with a lot of open spaces.

I don't know what dedicated listening and dedicated listening room are but that's probably due to my ADD and hyperactive nature. I would go crazy in a minute in a windowless, stuffy room.

The only way I listen to music is if I can do two other things at least in the same time.

jhills,

-40F ? It's winter North Pole temperature, that's incredible. I do know how this kind of cold feels. However, I don't know how to do winter mountain driving with tire chains. This requires special skill, I think.