Would "Sgt. Pepper's" be a better album if.....

....."Within You Without You" was dropped from the LP and Side 2 began with either "Penny Lane" or "Strawberry Fields"? If so, which of these would best kick off the second side?
dodgealum
And, the OP begs the question:  Would Revolver be a better album with Rain and Paperback Writer instead of I Want to Tell You, Dr. Robert or Love You To?
These guys knew what they were doing.  They dropped songs or re-did them from scratch when they felt the quality was not there.  I trust their judgment.  SPLHCB is just fine as is.
I have to admit that I have not listened to the new mix yet, but I find it hard to believe that anyone would want to change the tracks. Personally, I could see making the drums louder or even reducing the reverb and EQ effects on the vocals. But the album stands up pretty well after 50 years.

Like many people, I was disappointed at the time that the radio hits,  Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields weren't on it. But after one listen, I didn't miss them at all. I was perfectly content to buy the 45 separately - which is what they wanted you to do.

Despite the chatter at the time,  this is not a "psychedelic" record. Oh sure, it has a thin veneer of sound effects and unusual instrumentation spread across it, but it really is a British work - romantic ballads, skiffle songs and dancehall music with American rock clichés almost completely stripped out, perhaps the most British that they ever sounded.

I like it just the way it is. 
The one song I'm disappointed that never made it onto Sgt.Pepper is Only a Northern Song which is a great psychedelic Harrison tune.  
I'm going to stand up for Ringo as always providing a nice musical break.My favorites include "An Octopus's Garden" and "Goodnight"
I like Ringo's second album, Beaucoups of Blues (recorded in Nashville with the cream of that city's session players), and his third s/t one. He's not much of a singer, but then neither is Mick Jagger. He's certainly far better than was Lou Reed!