Would a Dynavector XX2 MkII be good upgrade?

Currently using VPI Scoutmaster w/Sig JMW arm, Dynavector 20XL.
(phono stage is a Rhea Signature)

Is the XX2 a significant upgrade?
Is it too good for my tonearm?
Where is a good place to buy one?
madfloyd
Ian, I'm using the JMW9 Signature arm, and ever since I used the MintLP Tractor, I've been very satisfied and surprised at how good it sounds. Once you get yours there, I'm sure you'll feel the same as I do. Good luck on your seaker situation, hope you get that resolved soon.

Best, Dan
To address Ducatirider's earlier point, the cantilever on the 17D3 is indeed very small vis a vis the other Dynavector cartridges. No doubt about it.

For this reason, it is very useful to have a magnifying device to properly align the cartridge.

I assumed, perhaps in error, that most people have one in their set up kit.
WARNING !!! I HAD A DYNAVECTOR XX2 MK2. I had it for 5 months till the needle BROKE BECAUSE OF POOR CARTRIDGE NEEDLE PROTECTION. To all of you who wants to buy this product, be prepared for the FLIMSY NEEDLE plastic PROTECTOR. A small bump will just push it out of its socket!!!! The Japanese manufacturer should be ashamed of its design as we all know they are the best in what they do. WHAT A SHAME/ BE WARNED/
Regarding sound, its ok. You really have to break it in to appreciate it and will take you 100 hours minimun. But again by that time if you change cartridges, accidents will always happen and you may just good bye to the cartridge you learned to appreciate.

Frankly speaking I do not think its a good tandem with linn turntable and ekos arm. Research with the other members before buying this cartridge.

good luck.
Teleshack. The 10x5's do the same thing! I had 2 bend on me in a matter of days, and never had any trouble with Nagaoaka or the 3 different Linns that I tried. I use the Adikt MM now and DV will never get another penny from me. Even some dealers say it's cheaper to pay double to step up from the 10x5 to a better DV because a better one will last more than twice as long before needing replacement. DV is of no help either.
Teleshack,

I agree about the cantilever protector Dynavector supplies with the XX2. I have found, though, the simple use of masking tape, judiciously applied, keeps the flimsy protector in place. No problems or worries that way.

By the way, Ian, I'm now using the XX2 on a Dynavector DV 501 arm, mounted on a DIY Garrard 401 restoration, and loving it even more.

Regards,
Dan