Wondering if anyone can identify the speaker in this screen grab

Rick Beato recently interviewed Keith Jarrett at Mr. Jarrett’s home in New Jersey. At one point there was a brief and partial shot of what I think is the loudspeaker they were listening to. (it appears above Mr. Jarrrett’s shoulder in the screen grab)

I’m wondering if anyone knows what speaker that might be ? Mr. Jarrett is well-known for being very picky about the playback equipment he uses - just wondered what he might be using in his own home.

seerm114

Ah - yes - maybe the Avalon Idea MK2. Interesting - thank you.

(oops - looks like this has been discussed on Audiogon before ; in this article he specifically talks about the "Avalon Eidolon Diamonds")

I was just listening to the set that came out in 2016 - "A Multitude of Angels" - 4 concerts from October 1996 that were the last long-form improvisations he ever did (he already had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome at that time). In that case, he also recorded the concerts himself, using a pair of transformer-less microphones and a Sonosax DAT Recorder.

I’m impressed.  Many musicians have garbage systems.  Wonder what he’s driving them with?