Wilson Audio Sabrina X vs Yvette vs Sabrina (Regular)

Hey guys,

I'm a bit conflcited, was hoping you guys could help.

1) If you had the oportunity to buy the Sabrina X or the Yvette for the same price, which one would you pick?

2) Also, I see the regular Sabrinas are currently discounted, how do they measure up vs Yvette and vs Sabrina X?

3) Another consideration is my room size, it is basically a rectangle: 16 Ft Wide, 14 Ft Deep and 9 Ft Tall.

Given the relatively small room size which speaker would be better suited?

Sytem Information:

I'll be using the Hegel Stack HD30 DAC, P30 Pre-Amp and H30 Power Amp.

Appreciate any feedback,

Thanks!

jfandr147

I had my Yvette with 4 feet from the wall to the back of the speaker, and I had bass traps in the corners and directly behind the speakers on the walls. Don't get me wrong, it sounded lovely. Many would have considered it endgame. But it wasn't getting the openness I thought I would and heard in other shows and compared to some other speakers. I tried positioning for months, and at the end of the day, I traded them in for speakers that were better fitting for the space.

Will it sound bad? Not at all. Will it be endgame in the space? Not at all, either.

My music room is 11x11x11, untreated.  I have Sabrina X's about three feet from the rear wall.  They sound great in my small room, and my dealer urged me to get the Sabrina's for my size room over the Sasha DAW, for what its worth!

@jfandr147 Congrats! Room acoustics and speaker placement are critical with these speakers. Take your time with set up and you will be rewarded.