Wilson Audio Sabrina X Reviewed ! WOW

"If you don't have $329,000 for some Wilson Chronosonic XVX's, you get a Massive Helping of that Performance PACKED into the Sabrina X" !...

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2021/04/18/wilson-audio-sabrinax-loudspeakers-review/
highend666

Showing 3 responses by james633

The Sabrina has a wicked impedance curved and is inefficient. Otherwise a nice speaker. Need big power for sure. 
Calvinsndhobbes,

those monitor audios measure pretty good but I have never heard them. Anyway the differences I hear between good affordable speakers and good expensive speakers can be subtle if both are well engineered (this is the key). 
The monitor audio has a pretty noisy box compared to the Sabrina X. But at moderate listening volumes honestly you might not notice. My guess is if you really cranked both these speakers the wilsons would start to pull away. Assuming the room and gear were up to the task. 
I am a big fan of wilson but think they are way over priced. 
Their used prices are more inline with their sound quality imo. 
I really enjoy the coloration of wilson. A little heavy on the bass, forward mids etc but state of the art it is not imo. They sound more tuned by ear and a tuning I like pretty well.