Wilson Alexx V

The new Alexx V is to be released at the end of this month 3/29/21.  Any thoughts or predictions on how this one will compare to the current one.  I know no one will know for sure until it’s out.  They say it’s based off the XVX.  I believe this one may rival the XLF in a smaller package. New tweeter, midrange and increase in bass enclosure size and the new Xcaps.  More efficient?  Any thoughts?
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xcarey1110

Showing 12 responses by carey1110

So are you saying the Alexx V is better but not that much better the the original Alexx?
Railiruegas-  No need to apologize I still value your comments here they have given me things to think about. Always welcomed. Thankyou. 
Don’t worry roxy54 the speaker will be out in a few weeks and this thread will not be pertinent. I’m was just trying to get input from those who may have an interest and know more than the standard information that’s out on the web.  Yes only  a few may care but that’s ok. 
Charle1dad Thankyou for suggesting what’s best forum. Much better comments there. Appreciate it. 
The new Alexx V looks awesome!, Wilson has released some pics and more info on their Website. The open more ridged Gantry will ,I think, give a cleaner clearer sound. Also the dissimilar midrange drivers will blend better with the bass. I really think this Alexx V will be much improved, we shall soon see. SUCH a better look IMHO. I can’t wait to hear it. Yes I’m a Wilson fan   http://https//www.wilsonaudio.com/products/alexx/alexx-v
Rauliruegas....Well yes that is true to each he’s own. I am a fan of music but I love the hardware too. Since it reproduces the music. It was my passion for music that has lead me to Wilson. Not saying that Wilson is the only one I’d enjoy but it’s is one of my top 5 favorite speakers manufacturers for many reasons.  I can also  appreciate many others as well but as you might remember this discussion is about the New Wilson Alexx V.  So my comments are centered around Wilson. I enjoy many types of music and many types of systems that reproduce it. However just trying to stay on topic which happens to be about a piece of equipment, The Wilson  Alexx V . We can’t really comment yet on how it sounds since it hasn’t been released yet. 
Daveyf-  how would you say the sound stage and tonal balance is compared to the XLF?  Did you like it better than the older Alexx?What electronics did you listen with. 
Newton- yes Fremer did just that. However I don’t think the Alexx V was available when he made that jump.  I’m sure the XVX is incredible as it should be. 
Yes so I have heard. What are the differences between those and the older one besides the carbon fiber basket?
The question is how much better is the Alexx V than the previous model. Sonically is it worth the difference?
Ok just spent some time A B ing the Alexx and the Alexx V and I will say, to me yes it’s worth the difference in price. Next to each other the differences were very obvious. The first thing that caught my attention in the Alexx V was the clarity without irritation.  The upper frequencies while quite extended were ultra smooth. No sibilants or irritants at all. The midrange presented with a complete lack of glare. I never even noticed any glare on the Alexx 1 till I heard the V. Bass seems much deeper and more articulate than the older model. The Alexx V seemed more relaxed and out of the way of the music. Crazy Dynamics. Not sure if this is because the V is more efficient or because it is an easier load to drive,  maybe both. Very pleasant experience.. However had I not had them side by side I could easily live with the original Alexx which is still and always will be a great speaker. However now that I know; the Alexx V with haunt me till I own it.