Will skinny-leg diode restrict amperage compared to fat-leg bridge rectifier?

Hi All,

I want to do some modifications to my power amplifier, to see if i can hear an improvement in sound...but have come across a potential issue.

I want to replace the main bridge rectifier with zero recovery time SiC diodes.

I have a fear that if i replace the fat-legged bridge rectifier (Image 1 below), with a Cree SiC diode assembly, like in Image 2 below, that the skinny legs of the Cree diodes will restrict amperage, even though the Cree diodes are rated at the same amperage as the fat-legged bridge rectifier.  

What's your peoples take on this?

Image 1 - fat legged bridge rectifier

Image 2 - skinny legged Cree diode assembly

128x128fai_v

The two main higher amperage fuses i will replace with aliexpress Aucharm fuses...with a rating of 1amp higher than what was taken out...just to get the size of the wire a bit larger.

Why a correct rated fuse blow at start-up? Think about it!

It blown because it cannot stand the inrush current! Does it also restrict/limiting the current flow and dynamic???

@imhififan there is no fuse that blow at start-up.  I am just exploring amplifier performance enhancements, at the expense of amplifier safety, by bypassing the 7 low amperage internal fuses.  Personal safety (e.g. house burning down) is not compromised because i am keeping the 2 external fuses in place.

there is no fuse that blow at start-up.

Since the mains fuse can pass inrush current which is much higher than the rated value, why worry it will restrict current flow?

I am just exploring amplifier performance enhancements, at the expense of amplifier safety, by bypassing the 7 low amperage internal fuses. Personal safety (e.g. house burning down) is not compromised because i am keeping the 2 external fuses in place.

Experiment is a procedure to support or refute a hypothesis! 👍

BTW, what amplifier it is?