WiFi Streaming Versus An Ethernet Cable Connection

Hey All,

I have a fairly new Bryston BDP 3 streamer/renderer. I haven't been all that happy with the sound of streaming on Qobuz. However may local files on my SSD sound astonishing. The router I'm using is standard for 500 GB but it's nothing special. I'm currently connected to my BDP 3 with a utilitarian 7 cat ethernet cable. Instead of buying a better modem/router and audiophile ethernet cable, I'm considering Bryston's WiFi dongle. Anybody familiar with wireless HiFi streaming? Thanks!

goofyfoot

Showing 1 response by james633

You guys must all have golden ears lol. I can’t hear a difference. There is sometimes (often maybe) an advantage to not wire things together as noise can travel from one device to another. I once had the hum of a plasma tv bleed through my entire system. I switched to a projector in the end. 

Anyway I would think Wi-Fi would help stop noise bleed. Fiber optic would do the same. This is why I liked the old school macs with toslink out. Stopping the noise was more advantageous than the added jitter of the toslink vs USB.