Why terminate speaker wire?

I'm apparently missing the point so can some knowledgeable person please explain why speaker wire termination is used?

It seems bare wire directly connected to the speaker / amp inputs / outputs would provide better current transfer than inserting two /  four  connections (one on each end) into the stream..  If the wire is to large to go into the connector or the speaker wire is being changed out all the time I could see it  and if bare wire is too hard to use couldn't just tinning the ends with silver solder be the best connection?

128x128danager

Showing 2 responses by tomic601

Gas tight low mass = great connection as @tonywinga  above astutely understand. I good ratchet crimper is excellent or a Stakeon. Solder and heat shrink are your friends also. Cardas and wonder solder are my preference. I also am a fan of ring terminals for speaker connection. Finally a super beefy Cardas connector and amp and speaker make an excellent upgrade.

for those anguished about an extra connection but running speaker wires of > 6-8’ you are doing yourself a sonic injustice… but I guess that’s another topic…