Why is solid state more popular when tubes are better?

Yes tubes are more involved and require periodic maintenance. Hybrid tube components need not apply, these are really solid state.

Tubes are better for multiple reasons and yet the world and the trade prefers solid state. Those rare audio shops that are geared toward stereo listening and serious connoisseurs tend to Focus more on tubes.  Those in business who like to improve volumes tend to offer solid state.  All the YouTube channels looking to improve their business tend to be solid state.  Maybe because tubes require much more expertise to sell, and there's lesser and lesser to go around. Solid state is more of a fast food commodity.

Tubes are difficult for businesses due to all the maintenance and complexity so you see it less often. Much much easier to sell hybrids or solid state.

emergingsoul

Agree Ralph from Atmasphere, Solid state are almost free of maintenance why they prefer them, Yes Tubes sound different than solid state. On summer I used solid state, winter tubes. They are both excellent if you know how to match them.

The thought that Genres of Music should influence whether to you use tubes or not is absurd. All genres of music except awful rap contains a wide diversity of musical instrument representation. Less so or more so, it’s all there.

S.S. design and Tubes are two very good technology with good and bad apples in each groups...

Generalizatrion means nothing here , only synergy between components for specific ears canals and cochlea  at the end count...

I just returned back for refund  one of the most acclaimed tube amplifier which do not match my S.S. design on any acoustic count ...

Is my S.S. design better than this  tubes design ? NO

Is this tube amplifier badly designed ? NO

Why then ?

Synergy matter...

Then all generalization by most people had no real value...

There is bad tubes design and bad S.S. design...

There is supreme good top design in tube and in S.S. , at the end you JUDGE SYNERGY between your components...

Then all threads about digital versus analog or tubes versus S.S. means litlle ,  because you listen to the synergy between components and room acoustic ...

Nobody had ever listen a tube amplifier or a S. S. design UNCONNECTED to components and in no  specific room  in the air ...

In another thread a simplistic mind rejected all Sansui deasign in 67 years of production as obsolete compared to a tube amplifier...

I just bought one of the great tube amplifierfew days ago  and it does not even compare to the Sansui alpha in the specific synergy WHERE I USED IT. and the components with which i coupled it...

I refuse to bash Tube amplification because of this experience but some simplistic mind will claim that all S.S. amplifier compared to any tube amp are trash...

@rwbadley

Thank you for your question. I have compared tubes and solid state. And haven’t been without the tubes for a while at this point, as I am waiting for finalization of equipment for delivery..

Going back to solid state after experiencing tubes makes one appreciate the specialness of what tubes do for sonic quality. Listening to a powerful solid-state amplifier is very nice but it’s not special. It’s very clinical and still enjoyable. Tube impact is remarkable, it’s interesting to listen to and you want more and more of it. It Is remarkably more enjoyable in comparison. To go back to solid state was very disappointing.

Vocals, horns, classical instruments, guitars, increased music complexity, Rock ’n’ roll Music from the 70s it’s all absolutely amazing. Vibrancy and dynamics and emphasis is far superior.