Why is solid state more popular when tubes are better?

Yes tubes are more involved and require periodic maintenance. Hybrid tube components need not apply, these are really solid state.

Tubes are better for multiple reasons and yet the world and the trade prefers solid state. Those rare audio shops that are geared toward stereo listening and serious connoisseurs tend to Focus more on tubes.  Those in business who like to improve volumes tend to offer solid state.  All the YouTube channels looking to improve their business tend to be solid state.  Maybe because tubes require much more expertise to sell, and there's lesser and lesser to go around. Solid state is more of a fast food commodity.

Tubes are difficult for businesses due to all the maintenance and complexity so you see it less often. Much much easier to sell hybrids or solid state.

emergingsoul

I owned small tubed components for the last two or three decades… preamps and CD players.

I hesitated on tube am[s) for decades entirely because the fact you had to replace tubes (occationally)… I was purchasing at the very edge of my financial ability, and the need to bias. I wanted 100% reliability for my purchase.

Well, I am now sorry that I had hesitated. The characteristics of tube amps far outweigh the over emphasized down side. Also, my amp has auto biasing and slow startup, extending tube like and increasing reliability. 

It seems and i know that Alas! i did not have the money to buy proper tube amplification ...

Even class D amplification well designed will cost too much compared to my Sansui alpha to try one...

I can imagine at which level of musicality they could go if atmasphere himself  vouch for them over his own tubes amp design ...

I will be sad and desesperate if i was not already happy with what i own .. 😊

but i dream anyway to be able to afford one in the future...I will read about class D...

I have been watching with growing interest in class D developments and must say I am getting really interested but it would take a very good amp indeed ( class D tubed or otherwise ) to make me give up my Gryphon Diablo 300 !!!!

You are out of my league... Ask atmasphere... 😊

I am interested by his answer...

@mahgister I remember you saying that no one really needed to spend more that $500 on a system if they were paying proper attention to their room.

Now, you say, "It seems and i know that Alas! i did not have the money to buy proper tube amplification ..."

Are you now asserting that spending more that $500 on audio equipment can make the sound better even if the room is made very very good?