Why is science just a starting point and not an end point?

Measurements are useful to verify specifications and identify any underlying issues that might be a concern. Test tones are used to show how equipment performs below audible levels but how music performs at listening levels is the deciding criteria. In that regard science fails miserably.

Why is it so?
pedroeb
No one said anything about “dislike”. Of course one has to like music to some degree to bother with stereo. Not a question of “dislike”, but rather the level of involvement in one pursuit vs the other.

**** ......Stereo systems are not (subjective) ****

Really? Then why such varied ideas as to what “good sound” is?

**** If you want to improve the performance of your system an objective approach will get your there faster at much less expense.  ****

Not so sure.
Mahgister, your legs may be doing the walking but your brain is controlling the show. So many things happen when you walk that you are totally unaware of. Your arms swing and the muscle attached to your pelvis tighten to keep the opposite side from falling when you pick your legs up. Same is true of hearing.
You completely missed my point and answered back with a common place fact....

« If there is millions of neurons in the guts we can think of the guts to have a brain of their own, it is the same for any organs even the ears, then we can say that the brain is all over the body, and we can say that the body is INTO the brain»-Anonymus Smith

To understand read Wilder Penfield...

And you completely missed the point of frogman and answered in the same way with a common place fact...

music is NOT sound.....music is a spiritual life.... Sound is not.....

In this case it is not "bad faith" from you, it is plain to see that your nose is glued on the floor....

I am sorry for you....

I apologize for my rudeness....

I am too passionnate....

Technically every way we judge audio or video is based on measurements it's just the manner of our own organic instrumentation vs. mechanical (and we are able to even visualize and contemplate the mechanical instrumentation due to our organic senses).
Getting things to a minimum "technical spec" level that everyone agrees on is one thing.

What the ears actually  like is another. Science/technical data will be of no help otherwise. Subjective, subjective and subjective.

Be more concerned about your room and speaker placement. Stay off forums.