Why high-end cable manufacturers don't post measurements?

I'd like to get your take on why high-end manufacturers don't post measurements? would you like to see how a cable measure before ....does it matter to you?
128x128scar972

Showing 5 responses by scar972

Cable measurements don't really matter, better measurements haven't always lead to better sound in our hobby.
Complex and "creative" cable geometries used by high-end cable manufacturers are used to alter the way a cable sound, this is what audiophiles want in a cable...to hear a difference!!! to add or subtract something that he sees as an enhancement to the performance of his system.
Why are measurements not posted? because many of these complex geometries measure poorly compared to the very basic double helix and coaxial design, this could be hard to explain for high-end manufacturers when their prices are many times more.
What I want to see more from high-end cable manufactures is better description of conductor and dielectric materials, guage, and design philosophy....something to compare one product to another. Otherwise, we are all just buying on reviews or hype alone.
Why spend your time focusing on the naysayers....it's a lost cause, the majority on this thread are believers from what I can tell....And now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
@lalitk I like your response, it makes sense to me. Audio is subjective, if we can accept differing opinions, the ride will be less rough.
Sure they do....my cables are clearly marked on the manufacture's packaging. My interconnect clearly state 1.0m and my speaker cables are 2.5m. You gotta look closer.

LOL! Hmmm....I never noticed until now :)
As the OP, I wanted to see if many were interested in how high-end cable measures, most here are not concerned with it and let their ears be the judge. I believe this is the way it should be.
We are in a hobby where everyone defines good differently, we have different equipment, and listening preferences so how would any set of measurements be meaningful.
For Mr. @b4icu or anyone else to come on and push a standard on how everyone should choose a speaker cable is absurd. I've seen people preferring 28 gauge magnet wires as speaker cables....so the thicker gauge cable that Mr. b4icu recommends will also have their supporter and some will find their sound appealing, but the majority will fall somewhere in between 0 and 28 gauge. My point is, there is no standard for this stuff, it's whatever sounds good to the listener.
For those who have NEVER heard a difference in speaker cables including Mr. @lostinseattle, run two 28awg insulated magnet wire to each speaker (one for positive, one for negative) and see if you can hear a difference compared to your existing cables, it's a very cheap experiment that will let you experience something you never have before. Let me know once you have tried it.