Why Don’t You Post Your System on Your Profile?

Many of you ask others to advise you, but the answer to so many questions is system dependent.  Why don’t you post your system on your profile prior to requesting help?

vonhelmholtz

We can read a post in two ways: for the positive content or intent or to confirm our own bias or to whine for the sake of it ...

The focus main point and the most important fact in audio hobby circle around acoustic and psycho-acoustic more than gear engineering which come in second...

This is a FACT... Psycho-acoustic science rule design not the reverse...

Prove me wrong instead of whining against my post...

Second You ask why i know it is not so common to know that MOST people dont know about the 4 components of a soundfield ?

Simple ; if you are of good faith look for reviews, more than one, where it is CLEARLY suggested that there is not only imaging and soundstage but also holographic volume of each sound sources and immersiveness as defined by the ratio and timing between the sound sources dimensions and the listener position...GIVE ME CLEAR EXAMPLE...

Knowing concretely something is also being able to create it and control it...I discovered these 4 aspects in my own room axcoustic experiments..

I dont remember reading a review where there is much more than Timbre experience, the most basic factor and two of the soundfield factors not four CLEARLY described ...FIND ME ONE WHICH IS EXPLICITLY SAID THAT THERE IS NOT TWO... Among all thousands reviews on the net probably only very very few mention these 4 aspects... Reviewers focus on the GEAR they must sell not on acoustic experience...

Try to be friendly first, second give me an ARGUMENT if you think i am wrong... Not your whining, but argument ...Good luck...

i never complaint myself without ARGUMENTS... because it is that will make this site bad not my enumerating evident facts...

acoustic matter more than the cost of gear...

There is 4 components aspects of the soundfield not two...And not only most people dont know it , they dont know how to control them in a room this is why they dont experience them ...

You know why ?

It is very HARD and complex to do...

You know why ?

Because small room acoustic cannot be optimized by general recipe as there is all over the internet...

you know why ?

It is because all small room differ a lot by size, geometry, topology and acoustic content, and the owners hearing differ too...

Then forget general recipe for children...

Experimenting in small room acoustic is not buying panels and changing the speakers location...

Much more to do than that..

By the way my post intent was also to put at ease those of us who dont have costly system in dedicated esthetical room and invite them to put their system image without being ashamed because how a system sound for his owner is not on an image ..

Acoustic experience matter more than esthetic and cost of the system...PERIOD...

hese kind of comments are what diminish the value of this site: "Acoustic and psycho-acoustic experiments are the heart of audio not the esthetical living room with impressive gear components , generally costly we can see..", "For example i discovered in my experiments 4 aspects of the soundfield, all reviewers know only two... And they can afford the best gear ever... Why ?".

My reply to comment 1 is: you can have both and the people I know have both. I have built 5 dedicated listening rooms in 5 different custom homes with acoustics, golden ratios, and power requirements in mind before driving the 1st nail.

Comment 2: how do you know others haven’t discovered more than 2?

For those that don’t post their system, on occasion, do you view other member’s system when answering a question?

I frequently view the Ops system.  It provides me with some idea of the pond in which a particular component lives.  I also post because I think that it can provide a better context when I ask an equipment question.  One lingering question in my mind is how does my choice of McIntosh enhance, or detracts from what I hear, so I pay attention to what equipment other equipment is paired with McIntosh amp/preamps.  I also consider my use of room treatment to be in a learning part of the curve.  One of my system photos shows an elaborate number of absorbers resting on the floor, but the truth is that my wife will kill me if I put some of our photos on the walls without consulting her and most are in storage, so as I pull from storage, I am storing them in my two channel room.  So far, my initial effort has been trying to tame the low frequencies so that I don’t put energy into my turntable.

So, I frequently look at the Ops system.  It is really unfortunate when such a posting is used as a basis for criticizing someone for their system vs trying to add value.  Those sort of people, and they are everywhere, are to be ignored.

I don't post my system because that is worthless within the overall context of my life experience with audio and equipment.  My first system was put together in 1970 and I've changed and upgraded multiple times.  I worked in an audio store for two years and worked with and heard hundreds of pieces of equipment in a multitude of configurations including different interconnecting cables, and speaker cables.  I've worked with professional sound reinforcement equipment and studio recording equipment.  Somehow, you think that by knowing my current equipment suite tells you the sum of my experience?   What a joke.

The "audio karens" on this site rarely have a system posted, brag about their (imaginary) creds and luxurious systems, at the end of the day they might as well be living in the basement with an AM radio that is 20 years old with too much time on their hands.

Even the most humble system and blurry pic demonstrates the sincerity of the member who is posting.

@buckhorn_cortez 

Somehow, you think that by knowing my current equipment suite tells you the sum of my experience?   What a joke.

I can’t imagine why someone would be vested in understanding the”sum of my (your) experience”.