Why Don't you hear more about Audio Physics Speakers??

Anyone with an informed opinion of this brand

care to comment?? Thanks

128x128jeffseight

The Joseph speakers are slim floorstanding speakers that cast a walk-in-to-it soundstage like the AP speakers, but have a more pure tone and also, for their size, kick more *ss than the AP.   As John Atkinson put it in his review of the Joseph Perspective Graphene floorstanders:

"When the kickdrum was doubled with synth dropped-bass notes, I was astonished by how much clean, low-frequency energy four 5.5" woofers could pump into my room.

With the Perspective2's combination of clean dynamics and rich, well-defined low frequencies, orchestral music was well-served. The big tune at the start of the first movement of Elgar's Symphony No.1 (Sir Adrian Boult conducting the LPO, of course, 16/44.1k ALAC files ripped from CD, EMI Classics 64013), with its pulsing bass line, sent shivers down my spine."

I had Audio Physic Scorpio Ii.   Fantastic little floor standing speaker.   

Virgo 25 is the pair I own. 

You should post the speakers you own currently and in the past for a better response profile.

I bought these years after hearing them at the RMAF where I was very impressed by them. After several more years of listening to the Focal Range into Grande Utopia (not that I can afford it, but in a local amplifier manufacturer's listening room), Magicos, B&Ws of several ranges into 801s, PMC, and ProAc 2.5 which I owned for nearly 20 years, the Audio Physic speakers stand up to their billing: "No loss of fine detail." 

Imaging, control of frequency, fine representation of instruments, natural sound are all available. They have a sound that I tend to prefer which is the British design despite their German heritage.

Beautiful speakers as well. Again, what do you own?

Mnteer,

Today was the day I planned to audition the AudioPhysics Speakers

but I had to postpone the trip as my wife is still waiting to get home.

Casualty of storms. So I had dog duty.

The responses have been very helpful, thanks!

The plan was to use these in my office with a 70's Luxman Receiver

that actually puts out good sound.