Why Do You Listen? A Poll Question

P.O.L.L.

Type MUSIC if

I love music and don’t care about Audio Quality. I’m a lover of music.

Type SOUND if

If it does'nt sound great I’m just not interested. I’m a lover of high quality sound.

Type COME ON GUYS if

Audiogon. We need a Polling App for the forum.

128x128tonydennison
Post removed 

@tonydennison 

So, I found Luna (Alessandra Safina) and Turandot (Nessun Dorma, Andre Bocelli Live in Centra Park).

WOW! I was able to playback in Doby Atmos, the ambience in Central park with the crowd, the singers in the chorus distinct separate voices coming together at the end. 😮

I never thought of listening to live opera recordings in Dolby Atmos and it definitely was amazing. I am going to try the whole album of the Central Park recording next time. BTW, Luna (I hope that's the right track) is great too, thanks!

Good Lord, I still listen to music on the car radio, with the windows or top down, going 70...

Obviously I'm not very concerned with sound quality, but the experience as a whole.  I can still groove to Foghat running down a tight twisty in the Appalachian foothills.

Completely different experience sitting in my little one-seat listening room.

@kota1 

"So, I found Luna (Alessandra Safina) and Turandot (Nessun Dorma, Andre Bocelli Live in Centra Park)."

LOL

That's not the record I was thinking of but I'll look for that today!

Glad you liked it.

I was talking about this

https://www.prostudiomasters.com/album/page/27816

"Human ears don't lie. If you've been listening a good music, you ears can't stand a bad sound/music. "

Exactly how I feel. Good music based on what I like MUST sound great, otherwise I don't listen to it. Can't do it.

I so do not relate to this conflation of sonics with what is "good' in music". 

Many, many musicians care little about SQ. , because "music" is melody, rhythm. harmony -- not sonics. 

But I realize I'm probably in a minority, here.