Why do I need power management if I have a great power cord?

Isn't it kind of unnecessary to additionally add a power conditioner if I have an expensive audio file grade Power cord connected to a component?

So you buy a Power conditioner from a hi-fi store and they say oh, you need a really good power cord to go with that and then another one to go from conditioner to the component. Do you need it all and why? Seems the last couple of feet before the component should be more than enough.

jumia

Here is the latest video from Amir on power cords.

This statement is false. Amirm is testing a particular cable- an Audioquest, not all power cords. It would be correct to say 'Here is the latest video from Amir on an Audiquest power cord'.

However, there is a flaw in his testing regime, which is that all power cords obey Ohm's Law; the conditions he set up for testing did not have a great power draw on the cable. As a result, negligible voltage drop across the cord and quite naturally: negligible results.

The benefit of a good power cord IOW has to do with the current drawn through the cord which won't happen with lower powered equipment (for example, an Audio Precision tester).

Power cords that can make a difference don't have to be expensive however! I agree with Amirm that $5,000 should only be spent if it makes you feel better somehow... IMO/IME there's not much use in messing with power cords unless you have equipment that draws enough power to result in a substantial voltage drop across the cord.

I've seen a power cord result in a loss of 40 Watts at full power from one of our amps (the MA-1). That's a pretty measurable result! But the MA-1 draws a bit of power, being a 140 Watt class A triode amplifier.

Put another way, if you want to get the most out of some amplifiers a power cord can really help, and with other amps maybe not at all. The power that the amp draws from the wall plays an enormous role in this which cannot be ignored as we see Amirm doing in this video.

I have a 300A welder(like it).
However I do not use it for speakers.

And I would not consider a Pass amp for use as a welder, but it might be cheaper than some welding machines.

Can you recommend to me some cheap options? As far as I know, most of them are unsuitable for thin metal and cables

All the best! 

Clearly the ultra high endcables are a scam.

There has been little herein to justify spending so much money on a power cord.

The lower end Power cords being well shielded, better connectors, and focus on impedance are likely of value. Buy lower end I mean spending $500 or so.

It’s not rocket science