Why are so many people spending so much money to build “perfect” streaming system?

I don’t understand why so many people are spending so much money building the ultimate streaming system? I guess I am just out of touch… Would love to hear some reasons streaming is so dominant today.

128x128walkenfan2013

Showing 2 responses by walkenfan2013

I really know the hi res ability is there, but I really have not met anyone streaming 24/192 flac or any dsd. Well, if dsd had any relevant releases… Now MQA turned out to be a big fake. I also wonder if I would want all that content in one place. I haven’t even mentioned the subscriptions add up. Aurender iPad app-$20 Tidal-30 Quobuz $20? Not to mention roon. I am just a simple guy. Curious though. Is it that easy to operate and enjoy mostly good SQ?

I get the exposure to discover new bands. I just think it is so complicated and overpriced to need all that new equipment. I would love to set up an aurender n 20 through a denafrips ladder dac and add digital to digital converter! Would prob cost near $8000. I am too old for getting into streaming now. And too poor…The sound quality of streamers depends on so many things. It gives me a headache. Fun to dream. Happy listening- Rocco